The 10 Best Violins for Beginners
Everybody loves the violin. This classical instrument is known worldwide, and the good thing about this is that we can find many affordable options if we want to have our own violin. But, which are the best brands and violins to start?
It is important to find a good and comfortable violin that help us advance in our learning, and that produces a nice sound. That is why we have reviewed all best brands and violins for those beginners, from the most affordable options to those more high-end violins that will last for long until you can play like a professional.
Brands like Yamaha, Kennedy Violins, and Cecilio are in our list, so you can choose which one suits you best.
Louis Carpini G2 Violin
The Louis Carpini might be a violin for students and beginners, but it looks like a professional one.
Made of maple wood, this violin is beautifully crafted with a high-flamed maple back. And not only the violin, but also the arrow is made of a fine material like Mongolian horse hair. Plus, the setup is eventually made in Washington by professionally trained luthiers, which is a reflection of the care taking when producing this violin.
- Available in different sizes: 1/2, 1/4, 3/4, 4/4
- With a lifetime warranty and a 45-day money-back return for some peace of mind
- Includes: carrying case, Giuliani Brazilwood bow, Kaplan Artcraft rosin, cloth, luggage tag, and Portland string set
Cremona SV-130 Premier Novice Violin
The Cremona SV-130 is an example of Cremona’s high-quality, also seen in their classic guitars. In this case, we have a beginner violin at a very decent price, constructed with the finest materials.
Thinking about those learners, Cremona has set the high quality D’Addario Prelude strings height and tension in this violin perfectly for them. The result is a playable violin that produces a rich and strong sound thanks to its balanced bow.
- Features perfectly fitted Swiss-style ebony pegs and 4 smooth tuners in an ebony fingerboard
- Available also as a pack with a hard case included
- Different colors to choose (traditional brown or sparkling black, blue, and purple) as well as different sizes
Antonio Giuliani Full Size Primo Violin
Another Kennedy violin, the Antonio Giuliani, with the best quality of this brand.
This model is handcrafted using solid maple material and spruce tonewoods, and then covered with an oil finish. It also features 100% genuine ebony fittings in a perfect assembled violin, producing a warm and strong resonance when played.
- Lifetime warranty and a 45-day money-back guaranteed
- Available in sizes 1/4, 3/4 and 4/4
- Includes: a Giuliani Brazilwood bow, Giuliani Rosin, Portland Classic case, extra strings, and a luggage tag
Mendini 4/4 MV Solid Wood
Mendini is a company very popular among beginners and music students. Their instruments are of good quality and have the best prices, and that is why there should be a Mendini violin in our list.
In this case, the MV is a modern violin, available in different colors and sizes to fit all types of students. The materials used are solid spruce wood at the top with maple back, neck and sides, as well as the fingerboard.
- 1-year warranty against manufacturer’s defects
- Includes: Brazilwood bow with Mongolian horsehair, adjustable shoulder rest, rosin, bridge, and extra set of strings
- Different colors to choose: white, black, blue, pink, purple, natural and antique
Cecilio CEVN-2BL Electric Violin
This electric Cecilio is the perfect alternative to classic violins, allowing you to practice is silence anywhere without disturbing others.
Besides, it comes with all accessories you may need: a 1/8 output jack to connect it to any guitar amp or PA system, a headphone jack and volume control and, of course, a hard case to fit it in.
- 1-year warranty against manufacturer’s defects
- Includes: hard case, wood bow with genuine Mongolian horsehair, quality rosin cake, bridge, aux cable, headphones
- Available in different colors: mahogany, black, blue, white, yellow
Yamaha V3 Series Student Violin 4/4
Yamaha has its own whole kit for violin beginners, with its own hard case, bow and rosin.
This model is crafted using wood dried under controlled conditions, in order to increase its resistance. It is also hand-finished to achieve the best quality, adding fine elements such as ebony pegs and fingerboard, and Wittner-style adjusters on all strings that make tuning easier.
- Hard, lightweight case, bow and rosin are included
- Sizes: 1/2, 3/4 and 4/4 available
- Excellent durability thanks to the craftmanship and materials used
Bunnel Premier Violin Clearance 4/4
We did not want to leave behind a clearance violin just because it may have some superficial and cosmetic flaws, because this will not affect the sound of the instrument itself. That is why the Bunnel Premier is in our list: a violin of a great quality at the best price possible.
The Bunnel Premier, as well as other Kennedy violins, is carefully inspected and tuned by professional luthiers to make sure you receive it ready to be played and with the best quality, which can give you some peace of mind when investing your money. In this case, besides the perfect assembly, it is made with excellent features like its steel-core D’Addario Prelude Strings with a natural oil finish.
- Made with fine materials such as naturally dried maple and tight-grained spruce
- Includes: case, shoulder rest, additional set of Portland Strings, violin beginners book, Giuliani rosin and clip-on tuner
- Available in sizes: 1/10, 1/16, 3/4 and 4/4
Carlo Lamberti 4/4 Sonata Violin
The Carlo Lamberti is a violin suitable for those more intermediate players. In this case, the price is only for the violin, with no more accessories included, but it worths every penny.
Made of maple wood on top and with a spruce, ebony-finished fingerboard, the Carlo Lamberti produces a nice and projected sound, perfect for those players who want to master the violin.
- Hand-crafted with a beautiful finish
- With ebony Guarneri-style pegs and Thomastik Vision strings
- 1-year warranty for any defect of workmanship or materials
Stentor 1550 4/4 Violin
The Stentor is a high-end beginner/intermediate violin, specially recommended for adult players.
This violin is built in a solid way, handcrafted with a flamed maple back and sides and covered with a clear and rich red-brown lacquer finish. It features ebony fittings and comes with a decent horsehair bow, to produce a very nice and strong sound .
- Excellent strong sound for beginner and intermediate players
- Sturdy case included with a built-in hypothermograph
- Includes a full mounted wood horsehair bow and a deluxe case with instrument blanket and shoulder rest
Forzati FZV600 Violin 4/4
Forzati is specialized in violins and cellos and the FZV600 is a pretty decent option for those violin beginner and intermediate learners.
Designed by a proper violinist, this violin has been handcrafted with solid spruce wood and highly flamed maple on sides and back. It also features ebony pegs and fingerboard with pearl inlays, and an adaptable ebony chin rest.
- Features and easy to tune tuning knob, made of high quality wood
- Hand barnished with copal gum resin for a high-end finish
- Includes: foam case, Brazilwood bow, rosin, adjustable wooden shoulder rest and tuner, plus a Forzati superior violin string set and a Violin Mastery eBook
There is a reason why we have added several Kennedy Violins to our list. And the Louis Carpini is our choice among them. With all accessories needed for those beginner and intermediate players, this violin has ben crafted beautifully, achieving a professional look. The price is also unbeatable, taking into account the high quality of this violin.
- Setup made by professional luthiers
- Made with the finest materials
- Lifetime warranty and a 45-day money-back return